Are you always looking for good book recommendations? Do you like to see what other unschoolers (and their parents) are reading?
Now you can have a look at “What We’re Reading” – a monthly blog hop all about sharing the great books, blogs, and blurbs that unschoolers are enjoying!
Here are the rules (very simple):
- Write a post on your blog about what books, articles, magazines, and blogs you and your children have been enjoying lately.
- Copy the image below and put it into your post.
- Come back here and link up in the form at the bottom of the post.
- Check back often to see what others are reading!
What We’re Reading: The Bussingers
I’m late posting this. But I know that if I wait I won’t get another link-up posted until March because we will be packing up and moving overseas this coming month!
Update on our reads – we finished The Hobbit on our road trip, Raven finished IceFire and has read 2 more books from the series, and I am on the 4th Harry Dresden book.
Here is what we have been reading since last time.
- The Most Explosive Science Book in the Universe! – we found an awesome Minecraft t-shirt that sparked an interest in the periodic table.
- Knitting for Kids – technically not “reading” but Raven found this book in our storage unit and decided to pick up the needles again.
- The Fire Within – she is still plowing through the dragon books.
- Various books about South Korea – her interest about our new home country has been growing since we finally received our orders and paperwork to leave.
- Twenty-Odd Ducks – we found a whole set of fun books that explain why different parts of language is important (end punctuation, apostrophes, commas, etc.)
What We’re Reading Together:
- The Magician’s Nephew – listening to this one in the car.
- Howl’s Moving Castle – After buying the movie, I found the book by chance in the thrift store! We plan to make this our book for the trip to Korea.
What I’m Reading Alone:
- Fresh Faith – because we all need a little refreshing in our walk with the Lord sometimes.
- Quotable Quotes – I have no idea why I picked up this book at the library book sale, but it has some great quotes about education and family.
- The Case For Unlimited Screen Time – Vanessa does a great job of explaining the economy of unlimited video games.
- What are Your Kids Learning From Minecraft – another video game post, this time about our favorite game.
- Exploring Ancient History With Star Trek – we might have to watch some Trek just to find all the historic references in them!
- The Virtues of Daydreaming – a whole list of controversial findings about how students learn. This one is a good read!
And if you need a pep talk this week, watch this adorable video from Kid President!
What has your family been reading lately? Please share!